We have launched a new Woolf Works website !
We have moved our archive of posts to the new site.
Woolf Works’ very own founder, Michaela Anchan was put in the spotlight in Life Made Easy of Simply Her.
Shawn Anchor, a psychologist gave an interesting talk about happiness which inspires us to be more productive in our work.
Only 10% of your long-term happiness is predicted by your external world and circumstances. The other 90% comes from how you train your brain to process the world.
If you are into small business, chances are you’ve mulled over the dilemma of how to integrate your CRM and marketing solutions into one seamless system instead of using several ones. In case you haven’t heard, Infusionsoft offers integrated marketing and online sales solutions that are especially targeted for small business owners.
Off the bat, Infusionsoft appeals to many because it hits two birds with one stone: a way to communicate with and monitor your leads as well as manage online sales and other tasks that aim to get continuous business.
More Than Just Email Marketing
The one thing that sets Infusionsoft apart from other systems is that it is more than just email marketing, by leaps and bounds:
1. CRM Feature – Allows you to track customer data; simply input the name of your contact and within seconds you come face to face with every information that is connected to him (from the time he joined the list to a history of all the web pages he has viewed, and everything in between).
2. E-Commerce Program: Infusionsoft has the power to process not just credit card payments but also PayPal transactions. The system hooks up straight to online payment facilities that also include Authorize.net, Power Pay and other popular merchant processing systems. Included is a shopping cart system, an affiliate marketing program, promotional tools and coupons for deals and discounts.
3. Report Platform: As information is the lifeblood of business success, Infusionsoft aims to provide you with all the data you need from both the micro and macro perspectives. The software includes a feature called “Lifetime Customer Value”. This allows you to identify customers that have spent the most on your business over a lifetime (or a specific period). Other reports include Lead Source ROI, Marketing Channel, Sales and more.
4. Campaign Builder Component: A popular feature that lets you construct a marketing campaign using drag and drop commands. This allows you to save time on campaign creation thanks to its efficiency tools and lets you gauge just how robust your campaign really is.
5. Word Press integration: Makes it easy to plug-in to your Word Press website and includes plugins that track traffic.
All of this sounds pretty swell, but here’s what everyone is going to be asking about: the price. To be honest, it will cost you several hundred dollars more than your usual CRM tool to enjoy what Infusionsoft has to offer. At present, you are looking at spending $200 to $300 a month depending on which features you intend to get. On top of that is a setup fee that is required to get the whole thing started. In short, you will have to be willing to invest a good amount of money to be as productive and efficient as Infusionsoft aims you to be.
So, is it safe to say that Infusionsoft is a must for any small business? The answer is in the grey area: yes if you have the funds and the confidence in being able to generate enough revenue to pay for its monthly outlay; no (or not yet!) if your business is up and running but cannot yet fully take advantage of the pretty awesome features Infusionsoft has to offer as you will be putting out more than you stand to earn in return. But once the ball gets going and you are quite confident in the direction and trajectory of your small business, then Infusionsoft is not only a great suggestion but also practically a requirement for even greater success.
Julie Burstein gave an inspiring talk about being creative in times of loss, challenge and self-doubt. This is a wonderful quote from the talk:
“Creativity grows out of everyday experiences, even the broken places.”
We all know that social media presence is a must if you want your business to thrive online. But we also agree that, to some degree, social media posting can be a little bit of a pain in the neck. You need to figure out the types of posts you want to make, the schedule in which you will need to post them, and more. It can get quite a handful at times, which is why it pays to find a really good tool that will help you manage such task. One great tool that you definitely need to try out is Edgar.
The Best Market for Edgar
Using Edgar will most likely lead to the realization that it is perfect for small and burgeoning businesses that want to make a presence online rather than big businesses. Big brands most likely outsource their social media and have the capacity to pay for such outsourcing. But small businesses would like to invest a smaller amount that still yields significant results. Edgar is perfect in that you maintain active presence online with your social media posts yet will not need to spend big bucks or immense amounts of time for it.
A Walk Through
Using Edgar starts with setting up a posting schedule on an automated calendar where you can determine the following:
• The type of content you want to post (and where to draw it from)
• The day the post needs to be published, and
• The exact time you want it to be published
It’s all quite easy and requires very little effort to figure out. You are staring at a simple calendar layout with all the commands present, so you will not find yourself digging through subcategories to input your preferences.
Capturing Ideas (And Holding On to Them)
If you are on the hunt for great content to take note of for future posts, Edgar also has a Google Chrome browser extension so you can easily add the page or content to your library. This is a strong feature of the tool, because at any given time that you find yourself surfing the web and coming across great content you can instantly file it away for future use. There’s even an option to file it and then instantly predetermine when you want it to be sent, if ever you are excited to get word of it around ASAP.
Your library of content is also organized according to customized themes (ex. Funny & Inspirational, Tech Updates, Business Posts, etc.) that are color coded. At a glance, you can easily see your queue to know how much of each type of content you are posting based on the colors that you see. This is a great way to know if your posts are balanced across all the types of content you want to publish.
It Goes On.. And On…And On.
Another cool thing about Edgar? Once a post has been published, it automatically routes itself to the end of the queue and stays in line for another round of posting. This can go on for all eternity, if you so wish. And if you don’t want it to do that, you can simply take it out of the queue.
Edgar as Compared to Hootsuite and Buffer
You might be interested to know the similarities and differences of these in demand social media scheduling apps in the market. These 3 apps all have the ability to schedule posts in advance for multiple social media networks. They also have the ability to attach pictures to Facebook and Twitter, have browser extension for Chrome that enables uncomplicated scheduling and have in-app analytic reports. Buffer and Edgar on the other hand, have the ability to create a custom, automatic posting schedule – which is lacking in Hootsuite.
Out of these 3 apps, only Edgar has the feature to save posts to a library which can be retrieved for future postings. It also utilizes an auto-refill queuing based on your saved content that allows you to never miss a scheduled timeslot.
Of course, Edgar is not without its limitations. Some of the limitations or hiccups observed so far include:
1. You can’t respond through it. If someone initiates engagement through your post, you need to reply via the social media platform and not through Edgar.
2. You still need to hunt for your content. In the future, it would be nice for this tool to come up with a content search and generator that you can just choose from instead of having to look for them yourself. This will be a MASSIVE feature, and we’re hoping this earnest wish will be heard and granted!
All in all, Edgar is one of those “Oh, definitely!” types of applications when it comes to social media. With the amount of time that it saves you, you can then concentrate on other areas of your business that you want to improve on.
Dare to disagree! Margaret Heffernan gave an entertaining and inspiring talk about arguments and conflicts which can be enriching and can help you progress in life.